----------copy and paste------------------
Bit more of an in-depth 'where we're at' post:
- Since we're most of the way there, we're going straight for RC 3 and skipping RC 2.6, but will make sure all the fixes in 2.6 are in 3.
- Fire is in and working as it was before it was removed. Still needs save testing.
- Rain not in yet but will likely be a quick job when the time comes.
- Music in and working perfectly.
- Lua integration fixed completely. Overloaded methods now work properly.
- Female characters more or less in, we just need to do a massive export of all the characters, pieces, anims before we can get them in properly. (exporting = few hours tying up the PC unfortunately. Need to come up with a system that allows the PC to be worked on while it's happening since at the moment every 10 seconds a new window pops to front of screen making simultaneous working hernia inducing)
- Tutorial playable up to Raider. Only issue is the scripted 'fire' command is not working so the K&B showdown scene is a bit weird as he doesn't shoot his shotgun. Other additions needed is making NPC / zombies not spawn during tutorial again to avoid any unintended interference.
- Some UI fixes, like sorting out the choose story page, still needs doing.
- Still need to add character to character creation screen, and add a female option to it.
- New tutorial system in but need the steps of the tutorial adding:
We may leave this till after RC 3 it depends I guess.
- After this we're going to spend some time scouting the forums and watching youtube videos and cleaning up a few of the bigger issues we notice. to make sure RC3 has no glaring bugs that have made 2.5 an issue.