--copy and paste--
The moment we've all been waiting for is finally here - the 1.5 Redstone Update is now live! Now, I know you want to jump into this massively awesome update head-first, so let's see what was added!
- Added Redstone Comparator (used in Redstone logic)
- Added Hopper (collects items and moves them to containers)
- Added Dropper (similar to Dispensers, but always drops the item)
- Added Activator Rail (activates TNT Minecarts)
- Added Daylight Sensor
- Added Trapped Chest
- Added Weighed Pressure Plate
- Added Block of Redstone
- Added Nether Brick (item)
- Added Nether Quartz and ore
- Added Block of Quartz, with half blocks and chiseled variants
- New command: /scoreboard
- New command: /effect
- Containers and mobs can have custom names
- Inventory management has been changed, for example you can drag-place items over slots
- Texture packs now have separate images for each block and item, and can have animations
- Nether Quartz Ore now spawns in the Nether
- Smooth lighting now has three settings (none, minimal, maximum)
- More detailed death messages
- Some hostile mobs now are harder in Hard difficulty
- Many, many, bug fixes - more than you can shake a stick at
- Removed Herobrine
Please note: There is a scheduled 1.5.1 update in the very near future, to iron out some of the few remaining issues with 1.5, and it will be coming soon. Tomorrow's Snapshot will reveal more of what is to come, so keep an eye out!
You might be wondering where to start, or what sort of indescribably cool thing to create first. With so many new items, commands, and blocks, it's almost impossible to know where to start first! I don't have any good advice for that, except to show you something SethBling made with the 1.5 assets in the pre-release:
Rocket golem, or gassy golem - you decide!
The 1.5 release is a big one, and there is so much to do! What is your favorite part of the update? Tell us about it!