----copy and paste-----
- When will the Mod API be released?
- Will mods have the ability to modify text?
- Will mods like Optifine (which modify the engine directly) be supported?
- Can vanilla block behavior be modified?
- Will there be official community resources (tutorials, forums, etc) for modders?
- How will mods be distributed by modders, and downloaded by players?
- Will the API be able to add new mobs to the game through mods?
- Will the API be like Bukkit (an outside resource)?
- Will client-only mods be supported by the API?
- Will the API remove the issue of mods being rendered inoperable when the game updates?
- Will mods need to be re-written from the ground up with the API's release?
- Will there be any sort of content filter?
- What can be modified in the game using the API?
- Can the phsyics be modded?
- Will the API be on the XBOX or Pocket Edition?
- Will mods like Optfine be added to vanilla?
Smoothstone stairs are not planned.
No new mobs are planned.
----end copy and paste-----
Minecon 2012 is currently also going down and giving us a lot of cool stuff to check out about Minecraft. This post is long enough so I'm not going to post all the content but I'll give you the links to some various Minecon parts that seem interesting.